I finished the Joss Whedon assignment that I detailed here ("Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so").
This is what the piece looked like once I had finalized cutting. This was all done by hand, by the way. I know it would be a hell of a lot easier if I just pen tool'd my sketch into Illustrator and toted the file into the Print Lab and had the laser cutter take care of the stencil, but I find it a lot more satisfying cutting stencils by myself. I'm bringing this torture on myself, I know. There's no room for improvisation once it's taken to the laser cutter, though. Anyway, here's the final cut, propped against my giant drawing board:
And this is the final sprayed piece. My final can of black spraypaint crapped out halfway through, and since all the work goes into the stencil itself and spraying only occurs at the very last minute, I didn't have time to get a new can. I think I'll have to re-do the job, even though I've already submitted this piece for class. Whatever.
Since it'll be relatively easy for me to reproduce this piece, I think I'm going to do a limited run of sprayed "prints" of this. If you're interested, drop me an e-mail at awu [at] mica [dot] edu. I promise I'll get a new can of spraypaint before doing these. Yup. Cheers.
I would like to thank my five bottles of Mountain Dew, handy X-Acto knife, Venture Bros. Season 2, low-quality downloads of Asylum, and David Devant & His Spirit Wife for getting me through this assignment.